Thank you for your interest in the Riverwalk Senior Living Retirement Residence. We are sending this update in order to keep you informed and up to date on the project and how it may affect you.
- Bulk Excavation will continue through the month of July.
- During bulk excavation, there will be a team on-site drilling anchors into the shoring walls.
- During the month of July, Triangle Park will be closed.
- A condition of approval for the Riverwalk Retirement Residence was the funding and construction of two community infrastructure projects within greenspaces in the neighborhood. The first of these involves construction of accessibility and connectivity enhancements within the former Scottish Nursing Home/Triangle Park fronting Cliff Street SW, 5th Street SW and 24th Avenue SW. These enhancements are intended to improve the usability of the park and make it a more welcoming space for all to enjoy. An accessible pathway connecting the intersection of 24th and 5th to Cliff Street will be added and will also interconnect seating areas, playground, picnic area and other uses within the park. New benches are being added, as are a new accessible picnic table and a sensory garden. Although we had hoped to have this work completed in June, final authorization to proceed was not received from The City until June 26. Triangle Park will remain open through Canada Day and then close for roughly three weeks starting on July 2.
- The second of the infrastructure projects involves connectivity enhancements to Prospect Trail, including a new pathway from Cliff Street SW to a new staircase linking to the existing trail network that runs along the slope from north to south and extends to Hillcrest Avenue SW. Improvements will be made to the surface of the trail and a section of in-slope timber stairs with a handrail will be added to a particularly steep section. Detailed construction drawings are about to be submitted to The City for final review and approval, and we hope to have the work underway before the end of summer. Note that this work is being undertaken in conjunction with Parks Capital.
Should you require additional information about either of these projects, please contact Parks Community Strategist for Centre City, Ron Buchan, at email@example.com or (403) 370-9370.
Primary Construction Contact is Russ Douglas (firstname.lastname@example.org or (403) 589-7698).
- There will be dump trucks on sight (Monday to Friday) for bulk excavation
- All work will be completed during The City of Calgary Bylaws as per our permit (Monday-Saturday 7am- 10pm)
- There are two site entrances. The main entrance is in the alley connecting 4 St SW and 5 St SW so that we impede traffic as little as possible. The secondary entrance is located on 25 Ave SW, which may have smaller vehicles entering/exiting the site from time to time.
- When needed, we have trained traffic controllers on our site in order to guide our trucks and local traffic safely and efficiently.
- The sidewalk on 25th Ave SW remains open. There is protective hoarding and overhead protection for those who use the sidewalk, but it is recommended that the sidewalks away from the site be used whenever possible.
Site Safety Measures
- Signage, barriers, fencing, pylons and traffic control personnel are all utilized on the site to ensure the safety of pedestrians and motorists.
- Please obey any signs or traffic control personnel when near this site. They are all there for your safety.
- This construction site will remain open during the Covid-19 pandemic as we are deemed an essential service by the Alberta Government. We will continue to stay informed with updated information and follow all guidelines and meet all standards put in place by the Alberta Government to ensure we are doing our part in keeping everyone safe.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.