Area Sales and Marketing Manager – Ontario
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Provides support for all Sales and Marketing operations to individual homes across Ontario as directed. Consults with the National Director, Sales & Marketing in the development and implementation of new initiatives, standards and policies and procedures. This position ensures the sales and marketing operations meet customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction and focuses on achieving budgeted occupancy at each property.
Preference given to individuals who have completed post-secondary education in business administration, with a major in sales, marketing, communication or public relations, or a background in an industry related to the position. Written and verbal fluency in English is required. Must have proficient computer skills (i.e. Word and Excel). Has demonstrated excellent leadership skills (i.e. Diversicare/ Verve Senior Living Competencies) and the ability to work well independently. Must be available for a flexible work schedule, which may include weekends and/or evenings. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel, with overnight travel required. Preference given to individuals with 5 years of experience working with seniors in a similar setting. A resident-oriented individual, whose visions and values align with those of Diversicare/Verve.
Performs duties of Sales & Marketing Manager where and when assigned for a short or temporary period of vacancy or training.
The majority of time and duties will be at the residences (75%+) with some time expected at Corporate Office to attend meetings or other responsibilities.
- Provides guidance to the Sales and Marketing Managers, on an annual and quarterly marketing plan, and assists in updating and reviewing regularly (minimum quarterly).
- Provides orientation to General Manager and Sales and Marketing Manager at both new and existing operations, as requested by the National Director, Sales & Marketing.
- Visits each site at least bi-annually or as requested by the National Director, Sales & Marketing to ensure that Verves high standards and passion for excellence is upheld.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships and utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others.
- Visits sites with occupancy challenges, as requested by the National Director, Sales & Marketing and review the sales/marketing plan, recommend new initiatives to improve occupancy and work with those homes for a period of time to ensure the initiatives are effective and occupancy is improving.
- Effective communication with National Director, Sales & Marketing, Area Managers, General Managers and Sales and Marketing Managers; ensuring consistency and high standards of processes and implementation.
- Provides leadership and acts as a resource to National Director, Sales & Marketing, Area Managers, Sales and Marketing Managers, and General Managers regarding all aspects of Sales and Marketing.
- Ensures that each community maintains and updates the sales and marketing CRM(MoveN).
- Oversees the completion of the competitive analysis at each community annually, prior to budgeting.
- Participates in the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) program.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Complies with all relevant corporate policies and procedures. Makes recommendations regarding development/modification to policies and procedures.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Performs other related tasks as delegated by the National Director, Sales & Marketing.
“We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process.”
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.