Casual Care Attendant
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Is responsible for supporting residents in maintaining their maximum independence while delivering quality personal care services as outlined in each resident’s personal care plan, or as needed or assigned.
- The incumbent must be a High School Graduate who has post secondary training and a certificate as a personal care attendant, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Proven experience in working professionally with senior clientele is required. A certificate in medication management and a valid first aide certificate, including CPR, is required.
- The ability to maintain effective oral and written communications (in English) and have a positive self-image, nurturing excellent human relations with residents, families and other team members. Demonstrated success working in a team environment is required.
- The ability to deal with the Emergency Response System and respond appropriately during resident and building emergencies, and in accordance with established procedures.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and be able to demonstrate maturity, initiative and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable responding to family and public enquiries
- Provides general support and assistance to residents throughout the day, with such things as way finding, escort assistance, reminders, etc.
- Performs a variety of ADL functions, including the assistance with medication, as outlined in each resident’s personal service plan, in a dignified manner, respecting a resident’s right to privacy and choice.
- Performs health care procedures and routines, as delegated by a health care professional.
- Handles all matters and information in a confidential manner.
- Maintains appropriate records of duties and services performed, including the updating of service plans.
- Ensures effective team communication within the residence, logs any concerns re resident behavior in Communication Book.
- Demonstrates outstanding public relations skills with residents, potential clients, staff and all persons visiting the Residence.
- Responds quickly to resident calls, giving appropriate assistance.
- Shares responsibility, through in-service and education, in maintaining a safe residence.
- Performs duties willingly in a timely and friendly manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Note: The above outline is intended to be a guideline and not all inclusive.
“We accommodate persons with disabilities in the hiring and recruitment process.”
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.