Holland Gardens – General Manager
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Under the direction of the regional manager, directs the overall operation of the residence. Is responsible for meeting financial, occupancy, and service objectives in accordance with corporate and residence philosophy and mission.
Degree or diploma in health care administration/long-term care or hotel management and a proven work record in the hospitality or retirement industry. Knowledge and understanding of the budget process, profit and loss statements and control of expenses and costs. Exceptional English communication skills essential. Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Oversees, participates in, and contributes to all aspects of the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) Program.
- Assumes responsibility for achieving occupancy goals as set by Verve.
- Ensures the needs of residents are assessed on move in and as required thereafter and assists in making recommendations to residents, families or staff to promote maximum resident independence and to ensure a smooth transition to the various available services, or to alternate accommodations if required.
- Ensures orientation programs for new residents are conducted.
- Ensures appropriate admission, transfer and discharge of resident according to terms as set out in the Tenancy Agreement and CHIP package.
- Develops and maintains positive public relations with residents, their families and the community and promotes the residence through community outreach.
- Ensures that all receivables are collected on time and that bank deposits are made regularly.
- Ensures provision of high quality resident services and effective fiscal performance of all departments through participative leadership and adherence to established performance standards.
- Assists in preparing operating and capital budget and implements controls for effective use of resources within approved budget. Employs a system of responsible accounting to ensure all financial and operating records are maintained accurately and submitted appropriately.
- Ensures all personnel and medical records are maintained in compliance with legal and corporation requirements.
- Purchases supplies and equipment. Ensures upkeep of the physical plant and grounds.
- Recommends to regional manager, changes in administrative policies to carry out the objectives of the corporation.
- Ensures residence is in compliance with all governmental legislation and corporate policies and procedures, including all aspects of health and safety. Reviews, responds and acts, where necessary, on all reports of inspection authorities.
- Hires, trains, and supervises all department managers and conducts regular staff meetings.
- Ensures that all reports required by corporate office are completed in a timely fashion.
- Conducts performance appraisals on departmental managers and ensures that all other performance appraisals are completed as per Verve policy and as required.
- Oversees all aspects of Attendance Awareness Program including staff recognition for good attendance.
- Develops appropriate departmental objectives for the residence with the assistance of the management staff.
- Ensures appropriate marketing, advertising and public relations activities are coordinated in order to maintain a positive image in the community.
- Meets with prospective residents and their families and conducts tours in the absence of the marketing manager and/or marketing assistant.
- Sits on committees as required.
- Assumes on call responsibility for the residence and also delegates this function.
- Attends and participates regional administrator/ general manager meetings.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the regional manager.
“We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process.”
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.