Housekeping – Casual
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Under the direction of the environmental services manager is responsible for performing housekeeping tasks in an efficient manner, with due consideration for the needs and comfort of the residents. Some laundry and dietary tasks may be required.
Minimum grade 10 education. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions in the English language. Needs visual acuity to ensure cleaning tasks are performed to standards. Must be physically able to perform the duties and withstand long periods of standing. Experience in a long-term care or retirement home setting in a housekeeping department will be given preference.
- Participates in, and contributes to, the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program.
- Performs daily and weekly cleaning and vacuuming of resident suites as required in accordance with established procedures, schedules and job routines.
- Cleans all offices, staff room, common areas, resident laundry rooms, washrooms, hallways and stairwells according to established policies, procedures and schedules.
- Replenishes paper supplies and hand soap as required.
- Provides general assistance to residents as required.
- Ensures all carpet areas are stain free.
- Completes audits as assigned.
- Performs additional cleaning as required, in accordance with established procedures and schedules. Washes walls, ceilings, lights, vents, fans, appliances, insides and tops of windows, door frames and all wall hangings.
- Picks up and disposes of garbage from waste containers daily.
- Ensures housekeeping room, closets, equipment and carts are kept in a clean, safe and sanitary condition.
- Assists with setting up residents’ continental breakfast as required.
- Participates in applicable staff meetings and in-service training within the home.
- Performs laundry duties as necessary.
- Maintains effective communication, both written and verbal with co-workers. Uses the appropriate lines of communication with supervisory staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the environmental services supervisor.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
“We accommodate persons with disabilities in the hiring and recruitment process.”
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.