Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Hazelton Place Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better.
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Manager, is responsible for performing minor repairs, maintenance, garbage pickup, landscaping, painting and cleaning in the facility. Uses care and judgement using supplies.
- Minimum grade 12 is required or equivalent.
- At least two years maintenance experience is required,
- Some background in the electrical/HVAC/plumbing/painting/landscape trade would be given preference.
- Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions in the English language.
- Able to perform physical duties inside and outside building when necessary.
- Must be able to move heavy objects at least 50 pounds.
- Actively participates in, and contributes to, the home’s Improvement program.
- Performs regular monthly maintenance checks of all equipment and supplies within the facility.
- Monitors environmental fire safety conditions, equipment and alarm systems. Keeps the Environmental Services Manager informed.
- Follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the maintenance department.
- Helps to deal with pest control, infection control and staff training.
- Performs routine maintenance, repair and cleaning work.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs.
- Paints and patches walls as required.
- Performs general landscaping duties.
- Maintains all paint supplies and equipment in a safe, clean and tidy environment.
Apply in writing to: Luis Oliveira, Environmental Services Manager email@example.com
Only applicants considered for the position will be contacted.