Personal Support Worker – Casual
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Under the direction of the Resident Services Manager, participates in assessing and planning the care needs of the residents. Delivers care to residents based on individualized care plans, policies and procedures, and is instructed by the Registered Practical Nurse/Charge Nursing staff/Resident Services Manager. Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of all nursing activities.
Background and Qualifications
- Certificate from an approved Health Care Aide or Personal Support Worker program.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in long-term care or retirement residence setting will be given preference.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Willing to learn and grow with the organization.
- Participate in and contribute to our Continuous Quality Improvement Program.
- Collaborate with the care team to help develop a plan of care for residents based on their physical, emotional and safety needs.
- Performs laundry and housekeeping tasks as assigned
- Provide care according to individual plans.
- Support residents’ optimal level of functioning in their activities of daily living while respecting their rights and choices.
- Report any deviations in the plan of care and the reason for it to the immediate supervisor to ensure care needs are met.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating outcome of specific interventions regularly and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Provide ongoing support to co-workers and act as advocate for residents and families to ensure residents’ rights are protected.
- Utilize equipment and supplies effectively and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure residents’ living space and personal belongings are kept clean and free from safety hazards.
- Report and document changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition in a timely manner.
- Participate in all aspects of staff development programs. i.e. identifying own learning needs, attending and evaluating education programs and assisting with orientation of new employees, students and agency personnel.
- Performs laundry and cleaning duties as required.
- Follow routine practices in all aspects of nursing care and comply with other infection control protocols as directed.
- Fulfill responsibilities according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes maintaining a clean, efficient and safe work environment, recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, as well as participating in fire safety activities.
“We accommodate persons with disabilities in the hiring and recruitment process.”
All offers of employment are subject to Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.