Registered Nurse – Villa Marconi Retirement Residence
Come join us and help make a difference in the live of older adults! As employees at a Diversicare Long-Term Care Home, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Manages the resident care program and resources of the unit in accordance with the principle function of the nursing services, professional standards, and the Nursing Home Act.
Carries out nursing interventions within her or his scope of practice, and takes responsibility for the consequences of decisions and actions taken.
Monitors nursing practice and resident outcomes based on policies and procedures, professional and regulatory standards, safety guidelines and best practice and applies analytical decision-making approach to address any negative outcomes or substandard practice.
Maintains own competency through reflective practice, ongoing learning, and professional development.
Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and a member in good standing.
Maintains competency in performing CPR according to standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Minimum of one year of nursing experience.
Demonstrates skills in letter writing, written reports, and evaluations.
Demonstrates good customer service, leadership, organizational, supervisory and team building skills.
Demonstrates proficiency in basic computer skills, knowledge of electronic documentation and care planning.
- Participates actively in the Continuous Quality Improvement Program: data collection, monitoring quality indicators, analysis of outcomes, formulating corrective actions, strategic planning and involvement in committees.
- Coordinates admissions, transfers, and discharge of residents according to policies and procedures.
- Performs holistic assessments according to policies and procedures and collaborates with resident, family, and other care providers to establish a comprehensive plan of care that will be based on the resident’s care requirements, medical needs, strengths, abilities, and preferences.
- Coordinates clinical and support services, including liaison with external agencies to ensure most effective and therapeutic care is delivered.
- Completes nursing documentation according to professional standards, LTC documentation requirements, and based on policies and procedures. Maintains health records in compliance with legislation’s e.g. Privacy Act, Nursing Home Act.
- Demonstrates leadership when working with members of the care team, to coordinate care and service delivery for the benefit of the resident. This includes sharing problem solving issues of care, nursing expertise, and consulting experts as necessary to ensure that resident’s needs are met and appropriate safeguards are in place.
- Monitors and evaluates resident needs and care goals regularly according to LTC standards and policies and procedures, and by analyzing and interpreting overall resident outcomes and modifying plan of care as needed, using professional judgement.
- Reports to RAI Coordinator regarding resident assessment and flow sheet documentation observations.
- Develops staff to achieve performance expectations through orientation, supervision, teaching, peer review, and mentoring.
- Provides ongoing support to staff, and acts as advocate for residents and families to ensure residents’ rights are protected. Maintains an abuse-free living and working environment.
- Delegates task to care team members according to their scope of practice and competencies and evaluates performance outcomes with adequate follow-up to ensure care and services are provided according to established standards.
- Utilizes and allocates resources effectively by distributing, monitoring, and maintaining adequate nursing supplies and equipment on the unit. Also provides directions to staff to ensure use of equipment and supplies are in accordance with policies and procedures, manufacturer’s instructions, and health and safety regulations.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of unit goals and objectives, improving nursing standards, and development of policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with routine practices and effective implementation of appropriate infection control protocols based on surveillance of risks and outbreak management.
- Fulfills responsibilities according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes maintaining a clean, efficient, and safe working environment, recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, as well as participating in fire safety activities.
- Performs self-reflective practice annually and develops own learning plan to improve level of performance both for professional and personal growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
“We accommodate persons with disabilities in the hiring and recruitment process.”
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.