Student – Business Analyst (Co-op)
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
The position is to provide a talented university co-op student the opportunity to gain a wide array of experience with various initiatives including project planning, data management and the influencing the budgetary process. Working with the operations, finance and People (HR) teams, the Business Analyst — Co-Op will provide support to the various stakeholders using the skills, methods and knowledge gained from their educational and personal experience as well as focus on continuous improvement and automation of the templates and processes used.
An enthusiastic university graduate interested in a career within the seniors’ housing sector.
Must be a student in a co-op program – Please include which school you are applying from in your application. The position is scheduled to begin this Spring (2019).
Must have excellent computer (Excel, Word, Power Point, Dropbox etc.) skills, strong research and data analysis skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, effective written communication skills and pay strong attention to detail.
Must be dependable, ambitious, value continuous improvement, and demonstrate the values of the Company:
- flexibility; and
- a passion for service excellence.
- Assist in the facilitation of the budget process across Canada for over 30 senior retirement homes
- Assist in building and maintaining the templates used by the homes, focusing on automation, continuous improvement and simplicity
- Assist with benchmarking, data analysis and tracking as it pertains to various projects Provide support as needed to the various functional areas of business operation as assigned (i.e. could be in finance, operations or human resources/labour relations).
- Complete projects on time, providing regular updates and attending meetings, as appropriate.
- Aid with training of the budget templates to key stakeholders
- Complies with Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information systems. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Performs other duties as assigned or delegated by the Vice-President, People.
“We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process.”
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.